Total Injection Count for a GC column

Hello Everyone

Is there a way create or print a report that provides the total number of injections or total usage of a GC column in OpenLab 2.4?  Our lab would like to be able to do this electronically instead of doing this paper based.

Thank you!

Parents
  • Hello  ,

The short answer to this is no, you cannot do this electronically with a GC, at least on a 7890 (I have not tried this on an 8890).

Depending on what you need to track with this, there might be workarounds. For example, you should be able to track the EMF counters relating to the column. But it will not record a count, it would just return a value exceeded response if you are exceeding the defined thresholds. So, if you just want to make sure that your column is not doing more than a certain number of injections, you can do that in OL CDS. I tested this on CDS 2.7, not sure if 2.4 has that option, but you can certainly try it.

I am including below two links that explain both how to set up the thresholds in the Acquisition Screen, and how to look for it under the report section.

Acquisition: OpenLab Help & Learning To add a new user defined EMF counter (agilent.com)

Reporting: OpenLab Help & Learning Early Maintenance Feedback (EMF) Counter (agilent.com)

To add the table corresponding to this you will need to go to Data Analysis -> Reporting tab (bottom-left) -> Report Items -> Instrument Information -> EMF Counter.

I will try this on the 8890 as well, sometime next week, and see if that is any different.

• Hello  ,

The short answer to this is no, you cannot do this electronically with a GC, at least on a 7890 (I have not tried this on an 8890).

Depending on what you need to track with this, there might be workarounds. For example, you should be able to track the EMF counters relating to the column. But it will not record a count, it would just return a value exceeded response if you are exceeding the defined thresholds. So, if you just want to make sure that your column is not doing more than a certain number of injections, you can do that in OL CDS. I tested this on CDS 2.7, not sure if 2.4 has that option, but you can certainly try it.

I am including below two links that explain both how to set up the thresholds in the Acquisition Screen, and how to look for it under the report section.

Acquisition: OpenLab Help & Learning To add a new user defined EMF counter (agilent.com)

Reporting: OpenLab Help & Learning Early Maintenance Feedback (EMF) Counter (agilent.com)

To add the table corresponding to this you will need to go to Data Analysis -> Reporting tab (bottom-left) -> Report Items -> Instrument Information -> EMF Counter.

I will try this on the 8890 as well, sometime next week, and see if that is any different.

Children
Was this helpful?