OpenLab CDS 2.3.1 SQL 2008 installation to SQL 2019 Server Documentation?

I'm looking for documentation/compatibility with migrating a 2.3.1 installation's 2008 SQL installation to a new 2019 SQL server.  What does that entail?  Do any/all services on the AIC's need to be stopped?  Are there registry pointers on the CDS Host Server that need to be modified/edited after any other services need to be stopped?  Can I can basically reconfigure within "OpenLAB Shared Services Maintenance" application bofore/after starting/stopping a few services?  Any help on compatibility and change locations would be greatly appreciated!

• Hello,

CDS 2.3 only supports the OS and databases shown in the attached image.

Marty Adams

• Thank you Martin, so it looks like 2014 is supported.  if i was to migrate from 2012 to 2014, does any documentation exist on what services would need to be stopped beyond changing the settings within OpenLAB shared services maintenance?

• Hello,

When you say migrate does that mean you are moving the database to a new server? See the attached documents section on OpenLAB ECM XT Server Reconfiguration starting on page 43. Please not you will also need to take the actions in the Run the OpenLAB Server Configuration Utility section as well. If you want to avoid creating new db users in SQL you can use a SQL stored procedure to output the users from the current db as a script to import into your new server. I would suggest you contact informatics support as well in case you have any issues.

Marty Adams

• Exactly, we just want to move the database from one virtual machine to another as we attempt to retire our legacy SQL server installations.

• Okay you should be able to follow the guide I attached to the previous post. The only possible issue would be if the original install was set for the OLSS database to use windows authentication. If that is the case, you will see a security user in SQL with the OLSS server name and a $ sign in the name. You would need to allow access to the OLSS database on the new server in that same manner or change the configuration to use a SQL internal user.

Marty Adams

Was this helpful?