unable to connect to internet server open labs

I am having trouble connecting to my instrument in open labs acquisition. I have powered off my computer and instrument but still have the error message stating "unable to connect to internet server".

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Parents
  • Hello,

You likely are talking about the Instrument Service. Check to see if the Agilent OpenLab Instrument Service is running on the computer, this will be the local computer for a workstation or the AIC controlling the instrument for a client server install. If it is not running, start it, to see if it will start or gives errors. If it is running, then you can try turning off the firewall and testing the connection. Sometimes changes to the windows firewall or third-party firewalls can block the connections after new versions or updates.  Also make sure the computer is name did not change as that will break the connection as the controller's name is used in the connection. 

Marty Adams

• Hello,

You likely are talking about the Instrument Service. Check to see if the Agilent OpenLab Instrument Service is running on the computer, this will be the local computer for a workstation or the AIC controlling the instrument for a client server install. If it is not running, start it, to see if it will start or gives errors. If it is running, then you can try turning off the firewall and testing the connection. Sometimes changes to the windows firewall or third-party firewalls can block the connections after new versions or updates.  Also make sure the computer is name did not change as that will break the connection as the controller's name is used in the connection. 

Marty Adams

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?