define two sets of compound peaks in a method

Hello,

I have an external std and the sample the I run in one sequence. Each have there own sets of compounds' peaks. I need to define them as two separate data set (compound table) in the method, in OpenLab cds, to be able to use them in the calculations for the report. My problem is, I can't find a way to define them separately. Is there a way to do that in the software? All I can see is Compounds--> Identification. And, whatever I add there would be treated identical as the compound peaks.

Thank you,

-Sam  

Parents
  • Hello,

I am not sure why you would have different compounds in your standards and samples. You could use multiple processing methods in your sequence, if you need different compound table for separate injections. If you could explain in more detail, why your standards do not have the same compound table as the samples we might be able to help.

Marty Adams

• Hello,

It is not that I have completely different peaks in my std and samples but, there are some peaks in my std that are not in the sample and some in the sample that are not in the std. The rest are in both. the problem is, I need to be able to differentiate between the peaks in the std and sample, since i am using them in different calculations sets. So, even for the ones that are in both, I need some kind of different labeling to be able to call them in the calculations. So naturally, I thought if I can define two sets of peaks (for std and samples) that would help.

-Sam  

• Since the typical use of standards is to provide ERTs and calibrations curves to identify and quantitate the same compounds in the samples, you are using it in a non-standard workflow. As presented, I would say the best way would be separate processing methods for the standards and samples so you can setup the separate peak tables. I am not sure this will work, as you will not be able to quantitate the peaks in the samples directly from the curves created by the standards. However, if you are doing all the calculations in CC or IR that should still be possible as long as all the injections need are within the result set.

Marty Adams

• If I do this, is it possible to create one combine report at the end of it, rather than multiple reports?

-Sam

Reply Children
No Data
Was this helpful?