sample amount correction factors

Hi all,

I am trying to use OpenLabs CDS and the correction factors along with sample amount to show the concentration of Vit.C in my samples. The amount is showing up as 5.010ug/ml. I am starting with an 897ug/g powder and weighing 0.27g of the solution and diluting to 48ml. When I input 897 in the sample amount, 0.27 as multiplier, and 48 as dilution factor i am getting a number way off from the software's amount number. Does anyone know of a way to get the software to compute the same number as given for the amount? I have the calculate mass % selected to factor in the sample amount.

Thanks in advance.

• Hello,

I assume you are getting something like 7.2385 for the concentration in this case. If you have the default method settings, then the calculation for the concentration is 5.01 / 897 * 100 * 0.27 * 48. I am not sure in this case why you would want the amount and concentration to be the same in this case since you are applying factors. If you have dilution factors setup as divisors, then it would be 5.01 / 897 * 100 * 0.27 / 48. 

Marty Adams

Was this helpful?