How can i create an equation to calculate % assay of active ingredient inside any dosage form by using custom calculation if i have standard and test solution.

% Assay = Area of test*Weight of Standard*potency of std.*Average weight of test*(100-loss of drying)/Area of standard*weight of test.

Parents
  • Hello,

I cannot help with this without knowing where you will get the various values from the results.  After looking at the equation, I would first suggest splitting it up into the parts that can be done with the standard calibration workflow in the software version you are using. You should be able to calculate an amount from the normal workflow and then apply your other terms in the custom calculation. 

Marty Adams

• Hello,

I cannot help with this without knowing where you will get the various values from the results.  After looking at the equation, I would first suggest splitting it up into the parts that can be done with the standard calibration workflow in the software version you are using. You should be able to calculate an amount from the normal workflow and then apply your other terms in the custom calculation. 

Marty Adams

Children
  • First , thanks alot for your answer

Secondly, i want to put my  equation and its contents (variables) in custom calculation editor by using expression in custom calculation editor 

• Hello,

I understand that you want to use custom calculator for your expression. The question is where you are entering the various numeric values you will need for the calculations. I do not know for sure but possible locations are shown below.

Marty Adams

Area of test - Current injection peak area

Weight of Standard - Standard injections average calibration amount from method calibration table

potency of std. - Compound custom field 

Average weight of test - ??? possibly sample amount if a single value or compound custom field if different for each analyte

(100-loss of drying) - sample or compound custom field

Area of standard - Standard injections average peak area - injections must be in the same result set for use in CC calculations. 

weight of test - this one I am not sure about since you also have Average weight of test

Was this helpful?