How to save compound specific constants and call on them in calculations

Using Agilent OpenLab CDS, Intelligent reporting A.01.10.128 

I want to store a set of conversion factors (constants)  that will be tied to the compound name. I also need to use them in calculations specific to the compound named only. 

for example: 

I want to save Compound 1 CF 

then do the following calculations:

Compound 1 in lbs/ MMcf  =  Sample amount in ppm(v) * Compound 1 CF

If possible I would like to have this as another column in the sample table. I already have a column with the sample amount ppm(v).

I have 9 compounds and we inject them as single injections so I was using ESTD short report 

Parents
  • Hello,

Are you using an older version of Chemstation? You could define a compound custom field in the method and use that field to store the CF value for each compound when you run the sequence. The other option would be to change the compound names to yourcompoundnamehere_CF and then use Choose(1,Split(Compound_Name,"_")) for the name and Val(Choose(2,Split(Compound_Name,"_"))) to use the CF in a calculation. 

Marty Adams

• Hello,

Are you using an older version of Chemstation? You could define a compound custom field in the method and use that field to store the CF value for each compound when you run the sequence. The other option would be to change the compound names to yourcompoundnamehere_CF and then use Choose(1,Split(Compound_Name,"_")) for the name and Val(Choose(2,Split(Compound_Name,"_"))) to use the CF in a calculation. 

Marty Adams

Children
Was this helpful?