Sample_Description in CC-s

Hi!

I wanted to use the Sample_Description field in my CC but i could not. Why? Only the sample label is available from there. I've written a little script for calculation of impurities by it's own diluted samples. To automatically find the correct stock-diluted solution pairs, a wanted to use the description & sample name fields.

Thx,

Peter

Parents
  • Hi Peter

Looks like you're using OpenLab CDS.  You're right, Sample_Description isn't available for custom calculations.  I guess that this is because of the intended use of this field for a text description of the sample, not for the storage of numbers to be used in custom calculations.

I would recommend creating Sample Custom Parameters in your project and use these in your custom calculations.

/Andy

• Hi Peter

Looks like you're using OpenLab CDS.  You're right, Sample_Description isn't available for custom calculations.  I guess that this is because of the intended use of this field for a text description of the sample, not for the storage of numbers to be used in custom calculations.

I would recommend creating Sample Custom Parameters in your project and use these in your custom calculations.

/Andy

Children
Was this helpful?