CDS 2.x - Create an acquisition method without collecting MSD data

Hi,

I have a GC/MS (8890 GC with 5977b HES MSD) that is also configured with an FID and PDHID. I would like to create an FID/PDHID-only method, where the MSD remains off the entire run and does not collect data. I haven't figured out how to do this so my temporary fix thus far has been to limit the MSD run time to 0.1 min.  MassHunter has a radio button in the Instrument-->Inlet/Injection Types menu where you can uncheck "Use Mass Spec," which is what I was hoping to find somewhere in CDS 2.5.

Parents
  • Hello,

I updated the tags on this post to increase visibility. 

I am not aware of any OpenLab CDS option similar to the "Use Mass Spec" option in the GCMS MassHunter Acquisition software. You can use a timed event like you mention to turn the MS off at the beginning of the run, or you could set the solvent delay in the method to last for the entirety of the run which would also prevent the MS source from turning on. 

Another option would be to configure a GC-only instrument in the OpenLab Control panel which you could then use when acquiring only GC data. 

• Hello,

I updated the tags on this post to increase visibility. 

I am not aware of any OpenLab CDS option similar to the "Use Mass Spec" option in the GCMS MassHunter Acquisition software. You can use a timed event like you mention to turn the MS off at the beginning of the run, or you could set the solvent delay in the method to last for the entirety of the run which would also prevent the MS source from turning on. 

Another option would be to configure a GC-only instrument in the OpenLab Control panel which you could then use when acquiring only GC data. 

Children
Was this helpful?