Chemstation Macro to run multiple sequences

Hello, 

I am trying to run multiple sequences in a row via Chemstation software for GC. Since it is an older version of Chemstation, I cannot use Sequence Queue option. I have managed to create a macro, which could serve as a post-sequence macro. What it currently does is that it loads a sequence and runs it, however I got a few problems. In order to avoid repeating the same sequence all over again, macro would need to remove itself from post sequence option before second sequence starts or abort/close the Chemstation program after second sequence is over. I would like to know whether anything of that is possible to arrange or do I have to approach the problem differently. Another thing that I wonder is if a macro can change the subdirectory name of sequence? I have currently tried _dataseqsubdir$, but I always get parsing error. What could go wrong there?

Cheers,

darius  

Parents
  • Hello,

I am not sure what version of Chemstation you have but there was a macro for sequence chaining in the user contributed libraries(UCL) until C.01.04. Chemstation C.01.04 added the ability to queue sequences in the core software so it was deprecated . If you have access to your software media you should be able to find that macro in the UCL folder and use it directly or for reference. 

Marty Adams

ChemStation Revision A.04.xx -A.10.xx, B.01.0x, B.02.x, C.01.0x
    Date 25/09/97
    Macro Contribution #10
    Contribution 'Automatic Sequence Chaining'

Revision History
    ----------------

A.01.01 jrg 25/09/97 Original version
    A.01.02 jrg 16/06/98 Updated revision check for A.06.xx
    A.01.03 bet 24/01/00 Updated revision check for A.07.xx
    A.01.04 ub 16/04/00 Updated revision check for A.08.xx
    A.01.05 wv 25/10/01 Updated revision check for A.09.xx
    A.01.06 oe 21/07/03 Updated revision check for A.10.xx
    A.01.06 oe 04/02/04 Updated revision check for B.01.xx
    A.01.07 oe 09/01/06 Updated revision check for B.02.xx
    A.01.08 oe 26/01/07 Updated revision check for B.03.xx
    A.01.09 oe 17/09/08 Updated revision check for B.04.xx
    A.01.10 oe 02/03/11 Updated revision check for C.01.xx
    C.01.03 at 26/05/11 Removed the chainsq.mac from the UCL

Contribution Purpose
    --------------------

Allows the user to link sequences together automatically

Contribution Structure
    ----------------------

The Run Queue feature provides the functionality of the sequence chaining solution.
    Since revision C.01.04 single runs can be queued as well.

• Hello

I am using Chemstation version B.04 and I recently found the mentioned macro. However, it does not seem to properly work. First, it failed at the Revision, therefore I took a look at macro file and found out supported versions were only previous ones excluding this one. That of course does not  match with revision history in your reply. I tried to add my version to the line of revision check macro. Afterwards, macro file loaded normally and created the required folder, however when executing it I noticed SC_revisioncheck parameter not defined error. Where is the issue here?

Also, what could be the alternatives for running the second sequence? I tried starting macro during sequence that would load and start the second one after the first one stops, but that only gave me an error, since second sequence was attempted to load before first one finished. On other hand, if during sequence I start a macro that loads and runs sequence only if a current sequence is running, it will not finish first sequence and change status to Ready (probably) because a macro is still active. Would a PostSeq hook work in my case?

Darius

• Hi Darius,

I tested the chainsq.mac macro using B.04.03 and it worked perfectly.  I'm not sure how you got a SC_revisioncheck error but try again and see if you can reproduce it.  SC_revisioncheck should only be used on loading the macro to check the Chemstation version.  You could always remove that portion of code since you know your version is ok.

Tim

Reply Children
Was this helpful?