Post-run Macro to export Signal Raw Data to ASCII

Dear All,

I'm using a GC system 7890A and controlling it with Chem-Station software.

I was wondering if anyone can help me in finding a way to automatically export the signal raw data to an ASCII file, ideally also with the option of choosing the folder destination.

I have already tried to modify the report output, however I managed to produce only a .txt file containing the integrated peaks' area, but not the signal raw data (X and Y values).

I think the answer lies in writing a post-run command/macro to be inserted when I edit the method that I use, however I am really unfamiliar with macro running and would be grateful if you could help me in this, or any other solutions I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance for your time

Best Regards,

Amedeo

Parents
  • Hi Amedeo,

Attached is a more complete macro for you.  It will export multiple signals and place the ASCII file in the samples data directory.

Just put the user.mac file in the C:\Chem32\Core directory and add the "EXPORTSIGNALS" macro to the post run macro in the runtime checklist.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Tim

user.mac.zip
  • Hi hebgent!

I tried your macros but keep getting parser errors.

user.mac and extractsignal.mac are both placed in the CORE directory.

Extractsignal.mac is set as the postrun macro.

I have also tried user.mac as the postrun macro and have tried them both from the command line.

There is always a parser error.

We are using the latest release of Chemstation.

Currently, I have 3 signals; 2 from the DAD and one from the FID.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 1) Chemstation C.01.08

2) Sequence

3) I copied user.mac into the CORE directory. There was another short macro that you posted named EXPORTSIGNAL, so I thought that was the one you referred to in the runtime checklist. 

Should user.mac be renamed to "EXPORTSIGNALS.mac" and the entry EXPORTSIGNALS (no.mac) be put into the runtime checklist as the post run macro?

Thanks for getting back to me so fast!

• Hi davidmilunic,

1) What version of Chemstation are you using?

2) Single run or sequence?

3) There was only 1 file (user.mac) to add to the CORE directory.  Did you move the macro to its own file?  Did you change the name to extractsignal?  The name change shouldn't make a difference, I just trying to make sure we're calling everything the same.  Reduce confusion.

4) In the Runtime Checklist / postrun only use "EXPORTSIGNALS" not "EXPORTSIGNALS.mac".  If I use "EXPORTSIGNALS.MAC" it results in a parser error.

I tested the attached user.mac file on OpenLab C.01.07 on a 7890A and a single injection with success.

Tim

• Hi davidmilunic,

1) What version of Chemstation are you using?

2) Single run or sequence?

3) There was only 1 file (user.mac) to add to the CORE directory.  Did you move the macro to its own file?  Did you change the name to extractsignal?  The name change shouldn't make a difference, I just trying to make sure we're calling everything the same.  Reduce confusion.

4) In the Runtime Checklist / postrun only use "EXPORTSIGNALS" not "EXPORTSIGNALS.mac".  If I use "EXPORTSIGNALS.MAC" it results in a parser error.

I tested the attached user.mac file on OpenLab C.01.07 on a 7890A and a single injection with success.

Tim

Children
Was this helpful?