reporting pooled results with unknown number of samples

HI there,

I'm looking to report pooled precision from sequences but do not know how many samples wil be run.

The sequence takes the format:

inj/vial
Blank1
CAL 1-61
Precision (Cal 3)6
Sample 1-51
Precision 2 (Cal 3)1
Sample 6-101
Precision 3 (Cal 3)1
Sample 10-131
Final Precision 4 (Cal 3)1

The first set of precision data uses 6 replicate injections then after every 5 samples there is a single injection of the same cal standard and the data is combined with the Precision data from the 6 injections and the pooled RSD is then also reported. The problem is I don't know how many samples ie. how many individual precision injections (after every 5 samples) will take place in the sequence and can't think how to set the report up to take this into account.

If you are able to suggest a way to approach this it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Parents
  • Hello,

The easiest way to do this if you have OpenLab 2.x is with custom calculator. The following CC formula would do a percent RSD calculation separately for all identified peaks in the current injection and include any injections with the name SSS.  You can call the CC anything you like but the type must be double and the scope peak or group. If you wanted to identify the initnal block of standards by another field the query could be changed. You could place the expression inside a IIF statement to stop the calculation being done for other sample types but that should not be an issue as you will not be reporting that value in IR for anything but the continuing standards. You can see my example below. Ignore the results as I did not have data with replicate standard injections at hand. I also displayed the count for the number of values used for the calculation to insure the software was only reporting on the 3 initial standards plus the current injection for a total count of 4.

RelStdDev("Peak_Area",CurrentSequence.AllIdentifiedPeaks.Where(function x.Injection.CreationTime = CurrentInjection.CreationTime OR x.Injection.Sample.Sample_Name = "SSS").Where(function x.Compound_Name = CurrentPeakOrGroup.Compound_Name))

• Hello,

The easiest way to do this if you have OpenLab 2.x is with custom calculator. The following CC formula would do a percent RSD calculation separately for all identified peaks in the current injection and include any injections with the name SSS.  You can call the CC anything you like but the type must be double and the scope peak or group. If you wanted to identify the initnal block of standards by another field the query could be changed. You could place the expression inside a IIF statement to stop the calculation being done for other sample types but that should not be an issue as you will not be reporting that value in IR for anything but the continuing standards. You can see my example below. Ignore the results as I did not have data with replicate standard injections at hand. I also displayed the count for the number of values used for the calculation to insure the software was only reporting on the 3 initial standards plus the current injection for a total count of 4.

RelStdDev("Peak_Area",CurrentSequence.AllIdentifiedPeaks.Where(function x.Injection.CreationTime = CurrentInjection.CreationTime OR x.Injection.Sample.Sample_Name = "SSS").Where(function x.Compound_Name = CurrentPeakOrGroup.Compound_Name))

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?