Is there a way to sum total areas for result sets that include Named Peak Groups (EZChrom A.04.07, OpenLAB CDS Intelligent Reporting)

I've run into a wall with summing total areas  for EZChrom results sets that include Groups of the type "Named Peaks".

If I try to do this in a table, the Named Peaks are repeated for each time they are included in a Group of that type - and I don't believe there is a "Group Type" filter that would let me eliminate them, and all of the rest of the filters (Compound Type, Peak Type) are identical for both named peaks and named group peaks.

I've also tried filtering using a result list group repeating on compound name - but have not found a successful combination that correctly sums the "real" peaks (known and unknown) areas.

Attached is a result set and a report showing the problem and my work around attempt that fails (While it lets me sum total areas - I can't then display named peaks in a subsequent identical snippet - the values are all 0 the second time around.

I've already logged a support call with this issue - but it occurs to me that  you might see a clever work around that I have not been able to see.

Regards,

(originally posted in OpenLAB Forum: https://zohodiscussions.com/openlabcdsforum#Topic/68030000000221003

2015 October 6)

attachments.zip
  • Hello Lisa,

I will look into this to see if there is a solution. I'll let you know as soon as I find something.

Regards,

• Hi Lisa,

There is a valid VB command "CountDistinct" I could use to count the distinct number of peaks within the injection.  However, there is no equivalent command like "SumDistinct".  This would have been a simple solution.

So, there are 2 solutions that should do the job:

Solution 1

• add 2 text fields next to each other
    • enter the peak retention time in one of the fields and the peak area  in the other. Save the peak_area in aggregator using the peak_ID as
    • group both fields
    • repeat the group on Peak_ID
    • Add another text field outside and below of the group. Fill the field with the aggregator output.

Solution 2

• Use your table as defined in the template
    • Define an aggregator on the peak_area column as described in solution 1
    • add a text field below the table and fill the field with the aggregator output.
    • For each column check the "hide duplicate values".  This will generate empty white lines in the table print out. Table rows that contain duplicates in each column are not hidden by default.  There is another post in this forum that described how to change the row properties to auto-hide the empty rows. It requires a manual modification of the RDL file with notepad.

Regards,

• Hello again Bernhard!

I was able to incorporate your Solution 1 into a prototype and pass it on to the user to make sure that it works OK for them  (The key to everything was Peak_ID - I was stupidly using Compound_Name)

They would, of course, vastly prefer to be able to filter an peak table based on group_type <> "Named Peaks" but I am hopeful that this will work alright for them

Many thanks! - Lisa

Was this helpful?