Autostart Macro Failed, error# 41064 occured

Hello Agilent and others,

Does anyone have a solution to this error code? When booting Chemstation software, this fault window comes up:

"Autostart Macro Failed, error# 41064 occured".

I am using Chemstation Rev. C.01.05 on Windows 7 and want to upgrade to revision C.01.07 {27]. The instrument model is G3440A - 7890A, firmware A.01.16 and G4513A liquid sampler.

Before the upgrade, Chemstation C.01.05 was running without trouble for a couple of years. Logged in as an adminstrator for the upgrade, I did the system checkout before initializing the upgrade. The upgrade sequence was runnnig without any trouble, green lights only.

Best regards -

Lars

Parents
  • Hello,

I apologize for the delay. 

A lot of times, autostart macro failed errors are caused by corrupt instrument config files. Try resetting the instrument configuration files in the instrument folder (\Chem32\x\, where x is the number of the instrument in question).

Append .old to these files with all sessions (online and offline) of ChemStation turned off:
    config.reg
    ChemStationPerInstrumentSettings.config
    instrument.config
    RapidControl.InstrumentConfig.xml

If this does not work, then you might want to try uninstalling ChemStation and installing C.01.07 fresh. 

• Hello,

Unfortunately your initial suggestions regarding troubleshooting Chemstation did not help. We ended up reinstalling ChemStation C.01.07 [27]. The explanation for the not working Chemstation software was never found.

Best regards -

Lars 

Reply Children
Was this helpful?