Resuspension of protein precipitate

I am confused about how to get to the next laboratory step. The method says "After removal of the potassium perchlorate precipitate (1,200 g for 20 min at 4°C), the supernatant was dried under vacuum. The protein precipitate was washed two times by resuspension in 5 ml 0.2 M PCA. *** After the second wash, the precipitate was hydrolyzed with 2 ml 6 M HCl at 110°C for 18–24 h. The protein hydrolysate was dried, dissolved in water, and redried."
My question is based on the steps where I placed the "***". Do I filter off that PCA that I used to re-suspend the precipitate?
Parents
  • Hi

As per your method, no need to filter off PCA..But important part is to dry under vaccum..

Are you using any ASTM / USP then share that article to understand better....

• Thank you, ISH. Vacuuming the solvent off takes an entire day so I was hoping that I could dry it a different way, but I'll continue to do that. Thanks for your help. I'll attach the article as well.

• Thank you, ISH. Vacuuming the solvent off takes an entire day so I was hoping that I could dry it a different way, but I'll continue to do that. Thanks for your help. I'll attach the article as well.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?