HPLC vials for centrifugation?

Are HPLC vials strong enough for centrifugation? Ideally I would like vials that I can use in a centrifuge with a concial bottom and that I can load straight onto the HPLC without any transfer. I would adjust the needle height to not uptake any deposits. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you  

Parents
  • Hi,

Centrifuging our HPLC vials is a bit outside of the scope of intended use, so we do not have technical data available. However, I was able to load some 5182-0714 vials into an autosampler rack from a 1290 Infinity II autosampler. The centrifuge I used had a rotor for well plates, but the autosampler rack also fit. The vials survived 5 minutes at 4000 rpm (4000 rpm was the max speed for the rotor). I am not as confident that the vial would stay intact if placed in a centrifuge bucket with a conical bottom.

Alternatively, you could potentially skip the centrifuge step if you used our Mini-Uniprep syringless filters or our various syringe filters. This would depend on the particulate you are trying to centrifuge out and your analytes of interest, but it could be another option for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Hi,

Centrifuging our HPLC vials is a bit outside of the scope of intended use, so we do not have technical data available. However, I was able to load some 5182-0714 vials into an autosampler rack from a 1290 Infinity II autosampler. The centrifuge I used had a rotor for well plates, but the autosampler rack also fit. The vials survived 5 minutes at 4000 rpm (4000 rpm was the max speed for the rotor). I am not as confident that the vial would stay intact if placed in a centrifuge bucket with a conical bottom.

Alternatively, you could potentially skip the centrifuge step if you used our Mini-Uniprep syringless filters or our various syringe filters. This would depend on the particulate you are trying to centrifuge out and your analytes of interest, but it could be another option for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?