Agilent A-Line Quick Connect lose elasticity easily

The to column capillary end of Agilent A-Line Quick Connect is suppose to be elastic, but our's usually becomes stuck after a while. Any remedy for this? I'd rather not replace the front ferrule every time it becomes stuck.

Parents
  • Hi poli275,

funny I answered this already the day you posted it, but seemingly the answer was deleted or got stuck somewhere.

This is most likely a problem of using too much force when tightening the QuickConnect, then you squeeze the ferrule too much and it gets stuck. The best way is to do it loosely fingertight (until you feel the first resistance) and then use the lever. It is NOT like swagelok fittings, fingertight and 90 degrees more. 

Regards,

Norbert

• Hi poli275,

funny I answered this already the day you posted it, but seemingly the answer was deleted or got stuck somewhere.

This is most likely a problem of using too much force when tightening the QuickConnect, then you squeeze the ferrule too much and it gets stuck. The best way is to do it loosely fingertight (until you feel the first resistance) and then use the lever. It is NOT like swagelok fittings, fingertight and 90 degrees more. 

Regards,

Norbert

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?