Moisture in our detector fuel line?

We are trying to validate a new method, and our area counts are low and inconsistent. Our Hydrogen is from a generator and goes through an indicating filter. I replaced said filter recently, and am seeing it respond to moisture fairly quickly. How often should I really need to replace this filter in order to protect my gas supply? Bear in mind that this same hydrogen is also being used as carrier on some instruments, so I'm trying to protect columns as well. Is it possible that enough moisture is still in the line, even after filtration, to affect the FID response?

Thanks again

Jason in TX

Parents
  • FYI: We found the problem. There is something wrong with the inlet/split vent system somewhere. We tried looking for any leaks, and couldn't find any. The instrument diagnostic tests even came back clean. But when we went from the front inlet to the rear, the area counts came all the way into the expected range, and our %RSD was fine. We will call to have the system given another once-over by the tech.

Jason Minter

• FYI: We found the problem. There is something wrong with the inlet/split vent system somewhere. We tried looking for any leaks, and couldn't find any. The instrument diagnostic tests even came back clean. But when we went from the front inlet to the rear, the area counts came all the way into the expected range, and our %RSD was fine. We will call to have the system given another once-over by the tech.

Jason Minter

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?