This Information Applies To: Agilent OpenLab CDS (Version 2.X) and Agilent OpenLab ChemStation Edition (Version C.01.09 or higher)
This article describes the procedure how to configure or reconfigure your HPLC instrument via the OpenLab Control Panel.
Steps to follow:
- If you have not yet created your HPLC instrument, under OpenLab Control Panel > Instruments, select Instruments to highlight it. Then, on the top left, click Create > Create Instrument.
- Give the instrument a name and select the Instrument type Agilent LC System (Figure 1) or Agilent LC & LC/MS (for OpenLab CDS 2.X). Optionally, you can put a description and a contact. For OpenLab CDS 2.X, you can also select a default project.
- In the OpenLab Control Panel > Instruments, select the instrument you want to configure.
- Click Configure Instrument in the top menu. The configuration window will pop up (Figure 2).
- Click Auto Configuration, select IP address and type in the IP address of your instrument, then click OK. The default IP address for the Agilent modules is 192.168.254.11. If you want to modify the IP address of your Agilent HPLC module, check this article.
- After a few seconds, the actual configuration will be displayed on the Configured Modules section. For reconfiguration: The new autoconfigured modules will replace the current configuration.
- In case you need to modify or check the configuration of a specific module (e.g. special configurations of the autosampler such as metering device volume), double-click the module in the Configured Modules section.
- Click OK. You may now start the software by clicking Launch.
Learn how to effectively operate your OpenLab CDS 2.X Workstation:
Agilent OpenLAB CDS Workstation Guide user manual on Agilent.com