This Information Applies To: OpenLab CDS, OpenLab ChemStation, OpenLab EZChrom
This article describes how to create new roles or edit existing roles and save as new roles with OpenLab software.
Steps to Follow
1. Start OpenLab Control Panel and logon with administrative user account (See Figure 1).
|Figure 1. Creating a new role in the OpenLab control panel|
|Figure 2. The Create Role dialog box|
3. Enter required fields for Name, Description (See Figure 2).
4. Select Role type from Project, Instrument, or Administrative (See Figure 2).
Caution: Please follow the following three points to maintain roles.
5. Click the Role Privileges tab and select your required privileges from the displayed list (See Figure 3).
|Figure 3. Role privileges tab in the Create Role dialog box|
|Figure 4. Members tab of the Edit Role dialog box|
|Figure 5. Search Users and Groups dialog box|
7. Enter your search term into the search string bar and click Search to start your User search. Results are listed in the Search Results box (See Figure 5).
8. Select the desired user and click Add. The added user will now be listed on the Selected Users and Groups list. (See Figure 5).
9. Click OK to close the dialog box. Added user will now be listed in Members tab.
10. Click OK to close dialog box (See Figure 6).
|Figure 6. Members tab of the Edit Profile dialog box|
11. The new role will be listed under Roles (See Figure 7).
|Figure 7 Roles section of the Control Panel showing the new role|
1. Open the OpenLab Control Panel while logged in as an administrative user. Click Administration > Roles > Edit Role. The Edit Role dialog box will open (See Figure 8).
|Tips: These Steps will create New Roles from existing Roles. This can be a quicker way of creating a Custom Role than creating New Role from scratch|
|Figure 8. Editing a role in the OpenLab control panel|
2. Click the Role Privileges tab and modify privileges to match the roles' requirements (See Figure 9).
|Figure 9. Edit Role dialog box showing Role privileges|
3. Click the Members tab and press Add User or Group or Remove User or Group to add or remove users or groups to the role (See Figure 10).
|Figure 10. Members tab of the Edit Role dialog box|
4. Click OK button to overwrite changes made to the existing role or Click Save As to open the Save As dialog box and save the Role as a new name. Enter a Role name and click OK. (See Figure 10 and Figure 11).
|Figure 11. Saving the edited role using the Save As command|
Learn how to effectively maintain or operate your Agilent OpenLab Software:
Agilent 1260 Infinity LC Systems with OpenLab CDS
Agilent Single Quadrupole LC/MSD with OpenLab CDS
Agilent 5977 GC/MSD with OpenLab CDS e-learning paths available from Agilent education
OpenLab CDS video - Getting started with OpenLab CDS on Agilent.com