Quantify unknown peaks OpenLab

I am new to Open lab and I am having difficulty translating my PerkinElmer TotalChrom method onto my Agilent GC. My calibration technique is currently using a curve to calibrate %Amount of gases. For example I have a Gas mixture that is made up of 3 individual gases plus impurities, I need to measure the %Amount of each of the 3 gases plus the % amount of the impurities, as I cannot predict what impurities will be present I can only calibrate the 3 gases I am expecting and therefore must estimate the impurities based on the % area. Currently on open lab I have given the 3 gases a CalCurve and when I run a sample, it gives me my %amount of the 3 calibrated gases but does not provide a number for the unknown peaks. Is there a way I can get %amount of the unknown peaks?

Parents Reply Children
  • If you want to do it in Open Labs then u first need to start Data Analysis from the Control Panel.

This opens the appropriate project with it.

Then u select " Data Processing" ( bottom left )

Then select "Processing Method "

I would start to select Calibration. Then choose EXSTD or ISTD

then select Identification.

Add the compounds to your Identification Table.

Go back to Compound Table. Insert the values of your Std.

If you got all " Reprocess all Data"

Then the final step would be to select a report. ISTD or ESTD.

Hope this helps

Regards

White

• Mr. White,

Sorry, he didn't really specify what he was using.  I showed the OpenLab C.01.07 Chemstation edition.

If he is new to OpenLab he probably is using 2.X and that would be different.  I don't have any 2.X installs so someone else will need to help him.

Sorry about the confusion.

Tim

Was this helpful?