Problem With Ethanol Solvent

Hello, All

My experience with using The Ethanol Solvent to clean the Syringe in the Autosampler for the GC # 8890 with OpenLab CDS

After the injection of Samples and the use of ethanol as Solvent we found and the appearance of Peak is observed in the Chromatogram and not of samples and specifically after the Butane .

After injecting more than Samples , the same Peak appeared in the same place, and to prove this, the injection was done without ethanol as a solvent. We found that the Peak disappeared, so we learned that the beak appears as a result of using ethanol Solvent .

These were my experience with the use of ethanol Solvent and wanted to share with you

Best Regard's 

Parents
  • Hi Hany,

Looks like a crude oil or something like naphtha and I easily recognize the main hexane isomers.

For a naphtha I would use the sample as wash solvent, but for crude(r) material I would use mixed hexane since it is not a single component solvent, even though (also because) your sample has hexane in it any carryover will be less significant this way.

• Hi Hany,

Looks like a crude oil or something like naphtha and I easily recognize the main hexane isomers.

For a naphtha I would use the sample as wash solvent, but for crude(r) material I would use mixed hexane since it is not a single component solvent, even though (also because) your sample has hexane in it any carryover will be less significant this way.

Children
Was this helpful?