Entering Custom Text for Cells in a Table

Hello,

I'm trying to enter in custom integers/floats into a column for a table grouped by Compound Name using Agilent OpenLab Intelligent Reporting A.01.12.165. For example, it would look something like this where custom text is inputted by the user.

Sample ID Compound Amount Custom Text
## ## 1
## ## 2
## ## 3
## ## 4

I tried using the report parameters for the custom values, but I kept getting an error when I was trying to iterate through the array. It doesn't seem possible to have the index be calculated on the fly as whenever I tried something like MyPara(CInt(Injection_OrderNo)) it would error out. I assume the index number is an integer. 

Is there an alternative way of adding a column where the user can input the values per row?

Thanks,

John

• Hello,

Yes, as I said I would suggest compound custom fields for the reason that the information entered is saved with the data. The one issue with Chemstation data is that you cannot add custom fields after the data is collected unlike CDS 2.x. This makes it less useful when reporting older data if that is required so I thought I would add this option. Custom code is useful to extend IR functionality when standard reporting tools and calculation will not suffice, but I always try to exhaust the base tools and workflows before extending into custom code.  This is a very simple example able to be created directly as custom code, typically I would create a dll in VB.Net or C# to have access to a full dev studio, testing, and extended forms options. 

Marty

Was this helpful?