How to Learn OpenLab CDS ChemStation

Other than spending a week in an Agilent training course, what is the best way to learn how to use the current OpenLab CDS ChemStation software, specifically for quantitative analysis and report creation? Using the Help menu is okay for a specific narrow question, but is too fragmented for overall instruction. Searching Agilent or Google keeps pulling up old videos or pdf's that don't necessarily match or apply to the current version. Could someone point me to a website or source for online training?

I'm using OpenLab CDS ChemStation Ed. for LC & LC/MS, Rev. C.01.09 and OpenLab CDS ChemStation Ed. for CE & CE/MS, Rev. C.01.09

• Thanks Andy. Actually that is exactly the direction I've gone. Unfortunately no one seem to know where the installation disks/media are (partially due to a series of upgrades) and the eFamiliarization folders are not on the instrument PC's. What I ended up doing is searching the Aglient Labinformatics site for LCMS related familiarization documents and finally found the "Agilent 6100 Series Quadrupole LC/MS Systems Familiarization Guide" for ChemStation Ver. B. While it's not exactly the same as the OpenLab CDS ChemStation Ver C.0.1.09 that we are using it's more than close enough to get me going. I may talk to our Agilent sales rep and see if we can get replacement media or at least media containing the eFamiliarization folders. I think the finer points on integration and report creation are the next things I need to look up.

• you can get the eFamiliarization content from SubscribeNet: The full USB with localized modules can be downloaded

from SubscribeNet:  OpenLab Software>OpenLab Software>OpenLab CDS 2.4 Getting Started Software (Download Only)

url=https%3A%2F%2Fagilent.subscribenet.com%2Fcontrol%2Fagil%2Flogin%3FnextURL%3D%252Fcontrol%252Fagil%252Fswitchaccount%253FnextURL%253D%25252Fcontrol%25252Fagil%25252Findex

• Hi,

As an OpenLab Chemstation user, I think that this software is not easy to learn. I am used to use new softwares but this one, I had to spend several weeks on it just to understand. Like you, my company did not think that an Agilent course was needed, so they let me to try to learn by myself. The familiarization guide was not the best thing to help me to learn. I preferred the "launch stories" Agilent gave me : it is like tutorials on different topics like integration, calibration... I cannot send it to you because it is in French but I think you can ask your call center to give you this document in English. The different topics are:Then, you click on a file:  and you then click on "lauch_story". 

The other thing that helped me was my Agilent call center. When I had questions on the software that I did find the answer, I sent it to the call center. They do not really enjoy to answer because they want you to pay for a course but finally, if your questions are enough precise, they answer. You can also try to post your questions on this website "Agilent Community". I got some useful answers that I did not have from my call center in France. 

Best regards,

Elodie

• The above link will take you to downloads of getting started with OpenLab CDS version 2.4. 

For eFamiliarization with OpenLab CDS ChemStation Edition you will want to look at Agilent SubscribeNet in the "OpenLab Software" area of your product list. Click the Previous Versions tab to find the eFamiliarization OpenLab CDS ChemStation C.01.09 (localized) Download Only link. Here you will find individual zip packages with the electronic courses in them for each language of interest.

Was this helpful?