I got a rare error after re-installing MassHunter Acquisition B 06.01.
This error made all my Acquisition analysis methods unable to read.
Note: The reason why I re-installed MassHunter Acquisition B06.01 was the software was doing some wired things; such as when you click to help and try to see the ver of software, will freeze. things like this were not a major factor for analysis, but the support team was nice enough to offer me to re-install the same version. Thank you Agilent support!
All my methods were readable in the previous MassHunter Acquisition B 06.01. And the methods were the same as it was before re-installing MassHunter Acquisition B 06.01.
Agilent tech support helped me remotely via Webex to nail down what was the problem.
When the support team saw this error, they knew immediately that something is wrong with the method script.
I will share what we did to nail this problem.
1. Make a new method.
2. Replace a new method script file to the method fail to load, one script at the time. And find which script file is causing the problem.
The method file contains multiple files. The support team replaced the new method script file into the method fails to load. And each time they replaced it, they try to load the method on MassHunter Acquisition B 06.01.
Note: you don't want to overwrite your method although you are not able to read them. Make a copy of your method before you do this procedure.
3. Found the file that caused the problem: TCC_1.xml
Here I show the script of TCC_1.xml from the new method and the method fails to load.
TCC_1.xml: the method failed to load
TCC_1.xml: new method
When you compare these two files, I found difference as follow.
Followings are the list of script that was different.
4. Erase the script |, ||, |||
I erased these scrips of TCC_1.xml and loaded the method was previously failed to load, it was successfully loaded. I checked the method and everything seems to be working fine.
Not quite sure why this error happened. And seems like this error is extremely rear. So you might not ever experience this error, but if you do, I hope this document helps!
Script comparing software: