I'm trying to analyze iodine through ICPMS, the result are way much far away from my expectations, I couldn't find any recorded interference study on iodine. Does someone have any experience on this issue?
(1) Table of spectral interferences can be found on masshunter from your batch :
* On the Acq meth / Acp param tab,
* go to select element, / element information
* Select your element on the list on top (sorted by mass)
* Select the type of interference you want to check (Oxides, Argides ...)
(2) Please note that Iodine analysis is complex due to its instability in acidic media.
Some applications use 0.5% TMAH as a diluent to stabilize that element.
This app note shows the use of TMAH for iodine analysis (even if the isotope and final application differ significantly from yours) : https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/applications/5991-0321EN_AppNote_8800_I.pdf
Maybe your "unexpected resuts" are related to chemical instability instead of polyatomic species.
Hope this will help you.
Thanks a lot, I'll try to follow up the app next batch.
Retrieving data ...