AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unhandled exception in Agilent GC software

Question asked by emiliae on Jul 30, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2019 by emiliae

Hello everyone,

I currently have a problem with the Agilent software which I use on a computer connected to the GC Agilent instrument. I get a notification about Unhandled exeption that has occured in the application and additional information that "This operation is only supported on Windows 2000 SP3 or later operating systems" (see attachments). The notification appears when I want to open the saved chromatograms. I am only able to see the preview of the chromatogram obtained during the latest run. 

The operating system installed on the computer is Windows XP so the appearing notification about lack of compatibility seems to be incorrect. The same operation system is installed on the other computers which are connected to other GCs (same models) and there are no notifications of such sort appearing. The computers are not connected to internet so there is no possibility for them to get any disturbing system updates.

I have tried to uninstall and install again the Agilent software and, since I am unfortunately not a computer expert, it was the only solution I came with. 

Do you have any thoughts what could be the reason of the problem or suggestions what else could I do?

All ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Emilia

Outcomes