AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quantification via spectral data in CDS 2.X

Question asked by jkositarut on May 16, 2019
Latest reply on May 22, 2019 by ryoboyle

I have two HPLC systems that I'm trying to consolidate into one. Both perform very similar tasks on slightly different materials (diesel versus vacuum gas oil petroleum samples). The older system is an 1100-series powered by Chemstation B.04.03 while the newer system is a 1200-II with OpenLab CDS 2.3. Both operate in the same pressure and flow ranges and use the same column.

Our current method for the VGO analysis uses a macro that processes UV data from a DAD by integrating absorbance across a range of wavelengths for every recorded point in time. These totals are then integrated across specific time spans for quantification. According to the literature this method was based on, this should count all aromatic carbons.

I'm hoping to simply move the DAD from this older system to the newer one. Plumbing, mechanics, electronics, software, firmware, etc are all taken care of. It performs as expected.

However, I haven't found a way to work with spectral data in OpenLab CDS 2.3 the same way as we were in Chemstation B.04.03. So far I've only been able to look at pretty images of the spectra but have no useful access to the data itself.

Is there a way to do this that I'm missing or do I have to wait until OpenLab CDS 2.(number-greater-than-4)? 

Thanks for any advice.

Outcomes