3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2019 7:40 AM by bhalden

Getting an annotation of Width at 50 % Height

bhalden

Hi,

A question for this lovely Friday afternoon.   I was using OpenLab EZChrom, Version  A.04.02, Build 04.07.28.

I want to display peak width at half height.  I was reviewing some data from a Result set and noticed that

I could change the annotation of the displayed chromatogram to show me the peak width at 50% height.  Unfortunately,

it was showing me all zeroes for this value.  How do you get EZChrom to show you advanced parameters such

as number of theoretical plates, peak width at 50 % height ?  I can display the peak with the width, but would like the

half height width instead.  It just boggles my mind.

• Re: Getting an annotation of Width at 50 % Height
          ryoboyle

Hello,

I marked this post as a question and added tags to increase visibility.

Would you mind elaborating on where exactly in the software you are trying to set these peak annotations? Are you right-clicking in the signal window and selecting Properties>Annotations? Or are you editing the properties of a report item on a report template? If it is the latter, what type of report template are you using (Intelligent Report, Advanced Report, or Standard Report)?

ryoboyle

If you are right-clicking in the signal window and selecting Properties>Annotations, how many places are the decimal are you selecting to display for Width at 50% height?

If you have very sharp, narrow peaks then you might need to increase the number of places after the decimal to a value greater than the default value of 2.

bhalden

I actually solved this.  I just wanted EZChrom to measure the width at 50 % height.  Upon selecting Width at 50 % height in the trace annotation properties, it labelled the peaks with 0.00 as the width.  When I went back to Analyze the single chromatogram, it calculated the peak at 50 % height like I had wanted and annotated it with the width.