5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2019 6:40 AM by ryoboyle

Reprocessing error, will not work

dizoriented

I created a new method last Thursday (21 March) and ran samples Friday.  Today I created a new calibration table, but I cannot reprocess my run.  I hit the reprocess button, but nothing happens (not even an error message popping up).  I tried reprocessing with an older method and it worked just fine.  When I went back to reprocess with the desired method,  I get a 'Container Error' message that says "<< Exception in command 'CFUpdateAfterSequenceChange' occurred!" and 'occurred in Function Container_ReprocessWithDifferentMethod Code 999".  I've attached the screen shot of the error message. 

I don't want to leave my session in Open Lab, since my first calibration table was deleted this morning when I left the session.  But I've hit a wall now, where I can't do anything else with this data.  Please help!

• Re: Reprocessing error, will not work
          ryoboyle

Hello,

From the screen shot it looks like you are using OpenLab CDS ChemStation. Would you mind providing us with the revision of the software? You can find this by going to Help>About.

The error would seem to indicate an issue with custom fields. Does you new method use custom fields?

dizoriented

Hello,

The revision is C.01.07 SR3

I believe our software is out of date.

[Personal Information Removed by Moderator]

ryoboyle

Hello,

The most recent release of OpenLab CDS ChemStation is C.01.09, so you are a little behind.

Are you using custom fields in your method? The error appears to be reporting an issue regarding custom fields.

dizoriented

Yes, I was using custom fields.  The problem seemed to be that I was using an apostrophe in the analyte name in my calibration table.  Instead of p,p'-DDT, I had to name it p,p-DDT.  When I looked at the custom fields values for my compounds, I saw the fields as they usually look -- however, for analytes that had an apostrophe in the name, the entire custom fields areas were blank, and I could not enter any custom values (nor could I save that method in a sequence).  When I took the apostrophe out of the compound name, I could proceed as usual.

It seems to me that if you use custom fields, you cannot have an apostrophe in the analyte name.  If you don't use custom fields, there's no problem.

I'll ask about the most recent update to Open Lab.  Do you know how my lab would go about updating our software?

[Personal Information Removed by Moderator]

ryoboyle

Hello,

Thank you for the update! I went ahead and marked you last reply as the Correct Answer to this question.

To address your question about updating, it would depend on a few factors. I would recommend reaching out to your Agilent sales agent and they would be able to provide you the relevant information for your particular situation.