3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2019 2:29 PM by ryoboyle

apply new calibration curve to current acquisition

waynecheng

Hi,

I am using Openlab cds 2.3

I notice that the new calibration curve will not be automatically applied to subsequent sample acquisition results.

The calibration curve results from the master method is applied instead.

In order to apply the new calibration curve results, the user need to update and save the master .pmx before running any sample

1. Is there a way to get the Openlab cds to automatically apply the new calibration curve to following sample acquisitions

2. If we give permission to analysts to update the master method, is this 21 cfr part 11 compliant?

Thanks

Wayne

• Re: apply new calibration curve to current acquisition
          ryoboyle

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I updated the tags on this post to increase visibility.

I am not able to reproduce the behavior that you describe. In my 2.3 system when I specify a processing method in my acquisition sequence table, that processing method is automatically linked to the resulting data files and, if the samples are cal. stds., the processing method is automatically updated with the new calibration and then used to process the data. This is how the software is designed.

I am not a compliance expert so I am not going to weigh in on your second question.

waynecheng

To clarify,

If I create X.pmx, run calibration using X.pmx, the calibration is automatically saved to X.pmx. My sample result will be based on the calibration data that was just obtained.

However, if I run calibration using X.pmx a week later, without saving the method as Y.pmx or updating "X.pmx" master method, the software will not load the new calibration data to X.pmx for my subsequent sample run. My sample run will be processed with the original X.pmx calibration data that was obtained a week ago.

Please confirm if this is NOT what you experienced.

ryoboyle

Hello,

Sorry, I had misinterpreted you initial description.

Yes, what you are describing is the expected behavior of the software. The updated calibration will only be saved to the result set method of your calibration sequence's result set. If the master processing method is not updated with those changes then they will not be used when generating the results for any subsequent sequence.