5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2019 9:04 AM by hebgent

Post-run Macro to export Signal Raw Data to ASCII

aagosti

Dear All,

I'm using a GC system 7890A and controlling it with Chem-Station software.

I was wondering if anyone can help me in finding a way to automatically export the signal raw data to an ASCII file, ideally also with the option of choosing the folder destination.

I have already tried to modify the report output, however I managed to produce only a .txt file containing the integrated peaks' area, but not the signal raw data (X and Y values).

I think the answer lies in writing a post-run command/macro to be inserted when I edit the method that I use, however I am really unfamiliar with macro running and would be grateful if you could help me in this, or any other solutions I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance for your time

Best Regards,

Amedeo

• Re: Post-run Macro to export Signal Raw Data to ASCII
          ryoboyle

Hello,

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

I am not aware of a macro that will automatically export the raw signal data to an ASCII format file. I recommend that you contact your local Agilent support (Contact Us | Agilent ) and they can check their resources. If need by, they can provide you with a quote to have the macro developed.

hebgent

Hi Amedeo,

You should be able to do this with a simple postrun macro.  The signal data is suppose to be stored in the ChromReg register.  The "Macro programming guide" covers the basics of this.  You just need to export it out of the register.  I believe Agilents website still has a downloadable version of this old but applicable manual.

If you don't want to try programming this yourself,  I'll try and write something for you when I have some spare time.

Tim

hebgent

Hi Amedeo,

Here is a quick proof of concept for exporting the signal.

Is this what your looking for?  How would you want to choose a folder destination?

Do you know how to load macros at system initialization?

NAME EXPORTSIGNAL

Local TimeSignal        !Number of x axis data points

Open "C:\Chem32\Report.txt" for output as #3

TimeSignal = DataCols(ChromReg[1])

for i = 1 to TimeSignal

print #3, Data(ChromReg[1], 0, i), "," , Data(ChromReg[1],1,i)

next i

Close #3

ENDMACRO

Attached is what the macro generated.

Tim

1 person found this helpful
                hebgent

Hi Amedeo,

Attached is a more complete macro for you.  It will export multiple signals and place the ASCII file in the samples data directory.

Just put the user.mac file in the C:\Chem32\Core directory and add the "EXPORTSIGNALS" macro to the post run macro in the runtime checklist.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Tim