2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2019 5:30 AM by chemist23

Purge valve open, pressure detected

chemist23

Hi everyone,

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue with Agilent binary pump G1312B.

With purge valve open, flow rate set at 1 mL/min, I am receiving a pressure reading of ~7 bar. I am also noticing a slow leak coming out of the silicone waste line attached to the  top of the pump head (not the solvent waste line coming from the purge valve).

So far I changed and purge valve frit as well as the piston seals on pump head A, flushed the system with H2O, warm H2O and IPA to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

• Re: Purge valve open, pressure detected
          abdur

Hi Chemist23,

Can you please elaborate on this waste line on top of the pump head?  Is it the tubing for seal wash?  If so, then it's normal for solvent to be running through there.  Also, when changing the frit on the purge valve was the gold seal also changed?

Sometimes a pump can still register a little pressure when the purge valve is open.  Are there other symptoms you are experiencing with your pump?

• Re: Purge valve open, pressure detected
              chemist23

Yes, I believe it is the tubing for the seal wash. I don't use seal wash function or have a seal wash line so I am not sure why solvent is running through there. Usually that line is dry.

When changing the frit, I did not change the gold seal (which I will do now). With the purge valve open, flow @ 1mL /min I see ~7 bar pressure, but when I change the flow to 5 mL/min I see ~90 bar pressure.

I loosened the capillary lines from the mixing chamber (before the damper) and see a pressure of ~ 1-2 bar.