2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2019 9:28 AM by evdehse

Post-processing software in Chemstation B.04.03

evdehse

When post processing software is embedded into Chemstation B.04.03 is there a specific initialization macro that is modified?  In older versions there was a macro "user.mac".  Does B04.03 use a different macro for initialization?

Thanks, Erik

• Re: Post-processing software in Chemstation B.04.03
          ryoboyle

Hello,

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

If you want to run a macro automatically when ChemStation is started as opposed to running it from the command line or as a pre- or post-run macro in the run time checklist, then you want to use the user.mac file like in older versions. If there is no user.mac file currently in the C:\Chem32\CORE\ folder, then you can create a new file named user.mac and the function will be the same.

• Re: Post-processing software in Chemstation B.04.03
              evdehse

Thanks, ryoboyle.  There is no user.mac.  However, the Chemstation menu bar has been modified to add its own sequence table and creates CDF files recognized by the post-processing software.  I noticed that this software creates a folder that contains macros in the Chem32 folder.  I am not sure what calls these macros upon initialization, though.  I just talked with the manufacturer and they told me that the win.ini file is responsible for that.  I am trying to figure it out because sometimes the online freezes and there are red "x"s across the windows.  We have two instruments on one computer and I noticed it was happening when we had chemstation open for both instruments.  I have closed the second installation and I haven't seen it so I am thinking it might have something to do with both of the chemstation installations being open but I have no idea why.

Thanks,

Erik