3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2019 7:30 AM by abdur

micro GC Not Ready

biogas

We have microGC in the lab, equipped with Buckflush Column module  20 m MS5 (Channel 1) and Column module 10m PPU  (Channel 2).   As carrier gases Ar and He are used, respectively in Ch 1 and Ch 2.  I have problem  to get GC „ready“. Strange thing is, in some days it works properly, some other days not.

After loading the method and waiting for set  temperatures, the General status overview is still „Not Ready“ and the GC does not allow to start  analysing (even  the status for columns, injectors and detectors show  „ready“ ).    In Service Tool box, in Channel Status page I can see two red values , TCD bridge volt  ( 0.05;  -0.06) for Ch 2.   Could you please tell what can be  the problem and  how to solve it?

• Re: micro GC Not Ready
          james_jenkins

Hi biogas,

I have updated the tags on the post for better visibility , can you let us know the model number of the micro gc?

Regards

James

• Re: micro GC Not Ready
            abdur

Hi Biogas,

It sounds like the TCD might be going bad on your channel 2.  You can try calibrating the TCD within service tools to see if the red values go away.  Also, make sure that the carrier gas that you have configured is the same as what is physically connected to each channel.  Sometimes people get confused with the gas configuration on the micro, where carrier 1 might be going to channel 2 and vice versa.

If that doesn't work, my next thought would be sending it in to Agilent for service for replacement of Channel 2 module.