AnsweredAssumed Answered

Making my Laboratory Control Spectrum the "blank" for my samples

Question asked by tylerfunke on Jan 9, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 by hexatriene

Hey Agilent Community,

I am very new to Masshunter software and had a few questions regarding my approach to my untargeted metabolomics.

I have been trying to make my laboratory control chromatogram my "blank" basically, and then trying to see which peaks in my samples are different from the control. Is there a method available to easily do this? I feel like I have been having more trouble than I should - as it doesn't seem like that complex of a question. I have looked into possibly creating a custom PCDL that has the control compounds found through the "find by molecular feature" or "find by auto MS/MS" tool, and I have also thought that maybe it would be possible to just background subtract the entire control spectrum from my samples. My data is MS and MS/MS collected from a QTOF, if that is relevant.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I should go about answering this question? Or maybe could someone point me in the direction of a webinar or guide that could help me with this question? Again, I am pretty new to using Masshunter so I apologize if this question seems basic or has already been answered.

Outcomes