4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2018 11:54 AM by sproctor

Report Layout with TIC wont display spectrum

sproctor

Ive been attempting to design a report template that has both the DAD information as well as the mass spec information. The UV chromatogram is all set with all desired information, the MS chromatogram field is also displaying correctly, but the TIC is not. When i preview the report it seems to recognize that there is a TIC to display, but the spectrum itself is blank (see attached photo, sorry for the poor quality). As seen in the photo the filed identifies that there is a peak for it to extract the TIC from, but displays nothing.

I followed the instructions provided in the "RTE Concepts Guide" for displaying the TIC, but it still did not work. I also set the X and Y axis to extremes to see if they were just displaying off the scale, but still nothing. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know how i can fix it?

Were currently using OpenLab CDS Chemstation Rev. C.01.08 [216]

Thank you

• Re: Report Layout with TIC wont display spectrum
          ryoboyle

Hello,

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

The picture you attached does looks like a mass spectra report item and not the TIC or any other chromatogram. Is that correct?

Are all of your mass spectra items for TIC's integrated peaks showing up as empty, or only some of them? Do you see the same behavior on one of the default LCMS report templates (LC_MSD_QuantReport.rdl or LC_MSD_QuantReportDetailed.rdl)?

sproctor

Yes it is the mass spectra report item.

We are really only interested in one peaks mass spectra, not the TIC, for identification purposes (sorry for the confusion), but when i integrate other peaks, they also show up as blank.

In the default LCMS report templates the tables that would have the mass spectra's dont appear.

ryoboyle

Hello,

In the default LCMS report templates, there are filters set up on the group containing the MS spectra (see below):

If you are only interested in your TIC, then the filter that is probably preventing the MS spectra from being reported is probably "EIC" needing to be in the Signal Description. You can remove that filter to see if that resolves the problem. The Compount_Type = 1 filter might also cause problems, as this only allows peaks identified in your calibration table to be reported. You can try just removing all the filters, which should then allow any integrate peak's spectra on the TIC to be reported.