1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2018 6:31 AM by martinp

Automation of EZChrom Elite via ActiveX programming

martinp

We have a new system with OpenLab EZChrom Elite ver 04.08. I use the automation interface and control the GC software and the analysis from LabVIEW via ActiveX programming.

This way of automating the GC analysis, I have used for closer to 20 years now, from back in the days when Scientific Software was runnning the show with EZChrom Elite.

After a couple of month the GC on this new system the software suddenly refused to start up, it just showed the GC-software a couple of seconds, then dropped out. Our local contact in Norway (Matriks) arrived to help. and after a quick Repair (reinstallation) the problem was fixed. Then the system has been stable, until last Friday. Then the problem returned, but now it acts much worse. After a Repair, the GC software works ok in "manual mode", i.e. not via ActiveX and LabVIEW control. But if I take control of the GC software from LabVIEW, it now only works ok one time, then breaks down again. A rather hopeless and frustrating situation, having a software that only works once.

Maybe Agilent could give some advice here ?

I'm  about to install the new version 04.09 now, maybe that will do the trick ?

Martin

• Re: Automation of EZChrom Elite via ActiveX programming
          martinp

It seems we have maybe solved the problem. At Connection, we use the project-name as an input parameter. We have all the time used the wrong name here, it turns out, and correcting this, made the system behave ok again. But I would hope the programmers in Agilent notice this behaviour, and make that little subroutine (Connect, input Project, output=0=ezConnectOk when ok) a bit more robust when the input parameter string is not correct.

Martin