3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2018 11:56 AM by 6545_walkup

Custom CalibrateTOFMassAxis scripts

6545_walkup

Hi everyone,

We have a 6545 QTOF configured for Walkup samples. The instrument is usually tuned in fragile ions mode (Pos and Neg, 2GHz Ext Dyn range, 50-1700m/z) to accommodate for some sensitive compounds. As part of the weekly running routine we run automated calibration / tuning. In Walkup this is done by creating a method with a pre-run script (SCP_CalibrateTOFMassAxis) which is scheduled in the Events tab in Walkup.

When this script executes we seem to be losing the fragile ions mode selection and the parameters (Oct Rf and fragmentor voltage) revert back to those in 2GHz, Ext Dyn range, 1700 m/z. Is there a way to configure the selected tune parameters in these scripts? Occasionally we would like to extend the mass range to 3200 m/z, could we then use these same configurable pre-run script to ensure TOF calibration before these samples? Or load a previously optimized tune file?

Any help would greatly be appreciated, many thanks!

Shaun

Bomgar-[Pushed]-172.28.43.14-20181113073816.png

Bomgar-[Pushed]-172.28.43.14-20181113073816_2.png

• Re: Custom CalibrateTOFMassAxis scripts
          ryoboyle

Hello,

I added some more tags to this post to increase visibility.

hexatriene

Hey Shaun - thanks for your post. This is an excellent idea for improving our MassHunter WalkUp and I've logged the details to our enhancement tracking system. I've also notified the WalkUp product manager so he can also see your feedback. I can't guarantee that we will implement this or when - but I will do my best to make sure it gets prioritized.

To answer your direct questions: Is there a way to configure the selected tune parameters in these scripts? Occasionally we would like to extend the mass range to 3200 m/z, could we then use these same configurable pre-run script to ensure TOF calibration before these samples? Or load a previously optimized tune file?

No - currently (as of Walkup C.03.01) - there is no mechanism to control the tune conditions/parameters outside of the Tune context in acquisition. Currently - tune parameters (like scan range) are not method parameters - they are instrument configuration parameters. They are variables we cannot change from within WalkUp.

6545_walkup

Thank you for being so receptive to product enhancements!

I was hoping the instrument configuration parameters within the Pre-Run Script in MassHunter could be changed obviating the need to shutdown Walkup and re-tune the instrument, fingers crossed

We are really enjoying the Walkup software. Ours is a unique user-base with mostly fragile small molecules, synthetic peptides and the occasional intact protein / mAB sample being analyzed. At a later stage we aim to add a GC-MS and get an Open Labs Server running to do remote sample submissions (wish we could do this for the 'small lab' Walkup setup).

The Walkup interface has expanded the versatility on our multi-configurable LC setup (4 column and mobile phase selection options). We have the external autosampler tray installed for automatic vial disposal, however you might have heard we experienced delays in internal vial allocation and positioning when longer methods were run (vials are not distributed into the internal tray during a run).

Looking forward to developments.

All the best

Shaun