1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2018 7:31 AM by ryoboyle

Upgrading from EZChrom Elite to newer software

oshin-sebastian

Hello everyone,

I am using 7820A GC. Currently I have EZChrom Elite software running on a PC with Win XP (old university systems ), Now I want to upgrade to a newer version. I have another PC running Windows 8. Could you suggest me a newer version of Agilent GC software which work with 7820A? Do I need to pay if I upgrade the software?

Kind regards,

Oshin

• Re: Upgrading from EZChrom Elite to newer software
          ryoboyle

Hello,

I just marked this post as a question.

Unfortunately, support for the last revision of EZChrom Elite software (rev 3.3.2 SP2) only went up to Windows 7 32-bit. If your new PC is running Windows 8 then you will need to upgrade your software to a software that is compatible with that OS.

There are three main software platforms available from Agilent for use with a standalone 7820A: OpenLab CDS ChemStation, OpenLab CDS EZChrom, and OpenLab CDS 2.x. From a workflow perspective, OpenLab CDS EZChrom would be the easiest transition if you are used to using EZChrom Elite 3.3.2.

I recommend that you contact Agilent (Contact Us | Agilent ) and discuss this with a sales agent. They will be able to recommend software product and determine if we are still selling a version compatible with Windows 8.

1 person found this helpful