3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 2:06 AM by matt99

Error message when logging into Chemstation

matt99

Hi All,

Have this error message when attempting to log in to Chemstation and am hoping someone can help me:

Has anyone seen this before? Chemstation version B.02.01

Thanks,

Matt.

• Re: Error message when logging into Chemstation
          ryoboyle

Hello Matt,

Are you using ChemStore? The LB table is a databse log file used to keep track of user interaction and would not be present in a standard ChemStation B.02.01 installation.

If you are using ChemStore, then unfortunately support for that product was discontinued at the end of 2015. It is possible that another user might be able to lend you assistance, but I cannot guarantee anything since this product is officially out of support.

1 person found this helpful
              matt99

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, we're using Chemstore B.03.03.  I have a service contract with Agilent in the UK and they have also informed me that there is no support for this product other than installing OpenLab.  This might be my only solution to an inoperable GC.

Matt.

matt99

Hi,

We back up our database regularly and I've managed to fix this fault by backing up the current database, deleting it and re-installing the previous version (backed up ~7 days ago).  Am now able to log in.  I think this fault was related to the size of the database but in the past (have been using Chemstore/Chemstation for ~10 years) a similar size database hasn't prevented me from logging in.  The log in problem wasn't preventing me from creating a new database using Chemstore Utility but was preventing me from completing the connection to the new database using the Review Client.

The system is due for retirement very soon otherwise switching to OpenLab would be advisable.

Matt.