1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2018 4:53 AM by wydnaa

Simple example of command line instruction to run a specific method & sequence on fraction collector

Andrew Tom

Hello all,

Does anyone have a simple example of a LC-OpenLab command line instruction to load a specific method & sequence  on a 1260 Fraction Collector?

More specifically, suppose I have just completed a fraction collection run using Method1.M and Sequence1.S.  What is an example of a command line instruction such that it will load (or load AND start) Method2.M & Sequence2.S.

Additional question:  Is there a way to load a specific method & sequence on LC-OpenLab from outside LC-OpenLab, either through windows command line options or another interface?

Thanks for the assistance!

Regards

• Re: Simple example of command line instruction to run a specific method & sequence on fraction collector
          wydnaa

I assume that by LC-OpenLab you are talking about OpenLab Chemstation Edition (since you are doing fraction collection).

I'm puzzled as to why you want to do this via this via the command line.  OpenLab Chemstation Edition supports the queueing of multiple sequences.  If the second sequence contains different methods, they will be loaded automatically.  If you want to allow some equilibration time after loading a new method, then you can do this directly in the sequence parameters for the sequence.

Is that what you want to do?

There's no simple way of loading methods and sequences from outside of OpenLab Chemstation, that's not to say that it isn't possible!!

Kind regards

Andy