1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2018 7:29 AM by ryoboyle

Filter expressions

camelia

Hi, I am using Openlab 2.3 and would like to know what these 2 filter expressions are used for:

Filter expression 1 is: =CInt(Peak_CalibRole) In (0,1,4)

Filter expression 2 is: =Compound_Type In (1,2,3,4)

They are recorded in the report Template Documentation and I have found that when I save the report as a different name the numbering of Filter 1 and Filter 2 swaps around.

Although this does not seem to impact this particular report please could you tell me if there are any instances when the order of Filter expressions is important?

Thanks in advance

• Re: Filter expressions
          ryoboyle

Hello,

As you pointed out, the definitions for these filters can be found in the OpenLab CDS documentation either in the OpenLab Help & Learning or in the Report Template Editor Concepts Guide: https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/usermanuals/public/RTEConceptsGuide.pdf (the appendix on Enumerations begins on page 176).

The order of the filters in a group's/table's Filter List might have an impact on how your report populates depending on the operator in the different expressions and how the expressions are linked. The rules for how these impact the filters are outlined in the screenshot (taken from the OpenLab Help & Learning) below:

Hopefully this helps.