4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2018 12:04 PM by darcyc

Masshunter PDF Report Builder - Using Expressions to filter results

darcyc

I'm trying to filter out certain classes of compounds from my tables, currently the only way I can figure to do this is by filtering by name each one in the data bindings filters. I'd like to remove all compounds that have "siloxane" in the name. I recently saw someone mention that Expressions could be used to filter tables, but I haven't seen anywhere how to do this.

Any help?

• Re: Masshunter PDF Report Builder - Using Expressions to filter results
          hexatriene

Hey Darcyc,

Are you referring to a Quant analysis mechanism? If so - why not use the compound groups feature. In your quant method, expose the compound group column, and mark any compound with Siloxane in the name as being in a group name. Something like "Siloxanes" .

Now - when generating reports - use the 'Choose Compounds' feature to not include in that group.

• Re: Masshunter PDF Report Builder - Using Expressions to filter results
            tom_barrett

Hey Darcyc,

There is not a way to do this via the Unknowns Analysis method settings or print report options.

Based on you using terms like "data binding" and "expression" I am pretty sure you are in a PDF Report Builder template.  Currently the "contains" operator in the Data Bind filter is not functional and you would need a "not contains" operator which is not in B.09.00.  Based on your request I have added this to the PDF Report Builder enhancement request list and hope to see it in a future release.

There are two solutions that I see in Unknowns Analysis B.09.00.  Modify one of the shipping Python reports where you have more control of the code.  Another is to write a custom script that marks the undesired compounds so that the PDF Report Builder template can filter on that.  Both are possible with some programming skills and the SDK but may be more effort than you want to spend.  I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer.

Tom

1 person found this helpful