11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2018 7:24 AM by ragu

OpenLab CDS 2.x Intelligent report Advanced development.

ragu

Hi Team,

I'm preparing the cross sequence intelligent report, I need to create a new matrix ( existing matrix are not convenient for fullfil my requirements) for that I required the below details.

Postgresql - SSRS report builder connection, Dataset creation with this, cross seq template design, data table related the sequence samples  related need the guidelines, if anybody have advanced intellgent report template design document. Please share with me.

• Re: OpenLab CDS 2.x Intelligent report Advanced development.
          ryoboyle

Hello,

The best resource document for Intelligent Reporting that I have seen is the Report Template Editor Concepts Guide (below), but it sounds like you might be looking for something more advanced.

https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/usermanuals/public/RTEConceptsGuide.pdf

1 person found this helpful
              ragu

Dear,

Thanks for the reply, this document for RTE (inside) Openlab CDS. I need the document for Microsoft BI / SSRS report template editor for advanced editing of report template RDL files. If you have any idea please help me.

ryoboyle

Thank you for the clarification. Agilent only supports editing the .rdl files that are used for intelligent reporting within our OpenLab applications. I am not aware of any Agilent documentation similar to what you are requesting.

mr.white

I don't understand why you are want to edit the rdl Files.

Just create a report which suits your needs.

The Report Editor is a very powerfull  tool.

But if you want to export your files, after the run then the rdl files are useless.

They only generate a report of the data u gave them before.

You can create your own matrix. To make it look like you want to have it.

mr.white

The pdf file from Ryoboyle is very good. I used it for self learning too.

It starts from the beginning.

Sadly its the only one that Agilent hands out.

They also got a PDF how to use the Expressions and Formulars.

But you can only get it when you book a course with them.

Regards

ragu

Thanks for the information. I know that Agilent having the training session for advanced reports, I read in RTE Designer document, this report template can be edit using SSRS report template editor / Visual Studio IDE reporting tools. When comparing OL CDS 2.x RTE & Microsoft based Editing tools. Microsoft tools are very easy & flexible for development. It have more features & functionalities than this. it can be powerfull beyond what we are doing in RTE. I'm expert on SSRS & developing LIMS related reports. I can develop the same report after sending the data to LIMS. It will be outside of the OpenLAB system. end user required to go to process in LIMS PC. OL having the functionality sequence report matrix. so I want to try inside the RTE. For this I want to know the Datastore DB Connectivity & Dataset creation from Postgre SQL.

mr.white

I can understand that its very hard to start from scratch. But I created a better report then I ever saw in any company I have worked for before.

If you want to do the LIMS Related port I suggest you use the csv files.

I preferred the XML Files from the old Chemstation.

The Problem is Open Labs isn´t a newer better Version of Chemstation. It´s completely new. Some features from the Chemstation, you won´t find in Open Labs.

For the Datastore:

My system laying on the localhost. Its a protected Storage.

You have to authentificate and authorize yourself

Some say that they liked the explorer view from the old Chemstation.

But with the content manager you can access all the files. But you can also let open labs save the files of the dataset on a secure place inside your network. You can find this in your pmx Method.

ir_nerd

Intelligent reporting is no longer based on the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) as there were too many limitations from the Microsoft renderer for the application the CDS has from the reporting services.

Since OpenLab CDS v2.1 the reporting renderer is different allowing PDF/A exports, vector graphics, and also, there is compatibility wich custom variables and grouping/filtering functionality.

You will maybe find ways to build parts of a report using such tools, but for sure, the rdl file would not work in its integrity.