3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2018 3:03 PM by rrferreira

Trigger scan in Cary 5000

rrferreira

Hello,

I’m trying to trigger a measurement in a Cary 5000 using the Accessory Controller Board. I read in the help section that I can do this by connecting a digital signal to pin 9 and 19, however I haven’t been able to do it. Does anyone know which type of digital signal do I need?

This is what I found:

• V in is TTL compatible
      • I in high/low = ±1 mA
      • Digital 3 to 7: 100 kW Pull up to +5 V

Thanks,

Rúben

• Re: Trigger scan in Cary 5000
          Mike Picollelli

I do not have nay information for you about this problem. . Agilent does not support internal repairs or modifications by customers.

Best regards,
          Mike

ccdavis

Hi Rubin and Mike,

Chris here from Agilent Tech support.  I have found this document that supports this connection to the external 25 pin connector of the front of the Cary instruments.

What I remember is that it is a momentary contact closure like a switch that will cause the instrument to start the Data collect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rrferreira

Thanks Chris!

Meanwhile I managed to get it working by connecting my trigger output (from autolab potentiostat) to pin 3 on the 25-pin socket on the Accessory Controller Board inside the sample compartment and then using the command "MeasureAcc(19)" in the ADL to start the acquisition when MeasureAcc(19) > 1000mV

Thanks for the help.