The firmware is most likely mis-matched. Please visit the pages below for firmware.
Please make sure that you read through the instructions on the download page. I have also attached the file to this posting.
I confuse about firmware update, and I have question to clarify as below:
1. To update firmware to identify injector G4513A, will I have to replace any HARDWARE (eg, electronic board, etc) on the current GC 6890N?
2. No need to replace any HARDWARE, only need to update new "DRIVER" (SOFTWARE) on GC 6890N?
3. My current GC 6890N is using a very old GC Chemstation (version Rev B.03.02(341) 2001-2008). Will I need a new version or the old version is good enough.
4. I saw one of members connection GC 6890N to G4513A, but now I cannot find the user name to ask for experience.
Thank you very much for your support!
To answer your questions:
1. There are no hardware changes needed like circuit boards etc. You may ned to change a plastic cover for the fan on the 6890N if you are using the rear injection port.
The 7693 with 6890 requires kit G4526A – 7693A Upgrade Kit for 6890 GCs - includes the G1530-40205 Fan Cover and G1530-41075 Injection Port Top Cover (original 6890 colors)
You may want to contact your sales rep and request G4526A Opt 3 for 6890.
The injector cannot be physically installed in the Back position if the original inlet fan cover has not been removed and replaced with the 7693 compatible versions listed above.
The 7693A injector has auto–sensing and will know if it is installed in the Front or Back position only if the correct inlet cover is installed. (It does not matter which injector position the injector cable is plugged into.)
2 and 3.
Software will be an issue, I have pasted the min revision below. An upgrade is needed.
I hope this helps. You will still need to update the firmware as I mentioned in previous reply.