4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2018 10:02 AM by camelia

Openlab 2.3 calibration level custom calculation syntax

camelia

I am using 6 levels of a calibration standard that contains Compound A and Compound B. I want to extract the calibration amount of level 4 (the theoretical concentration entered in the calibration table) for Compound A and Compound B in order to calculate: sample amount Compound A / calibration level 4 amount Compound A *100. What is the syntax to use for this custom calculation please?

• Re: Openlab 2.3 calibration level custom calculation syntax
          ryoboyle

Hello,

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

Do you want the amounts values entered into the calibration table to be displayed on a report? You could do this either by adding the DataAnalysis Information Report Item to the report or by adding a Single Data Analysis Method Table Row and specify the for which compound you want this displayed for:

Unfortunately, with both of these methods you will not be able to call these values to be used in any custom calculations.

Beyond that, you might be able to set up a custom calculation that back calculates this value from a calibration sample data file for that level.

camelia

Hello,

What I would like to know what  syntax to use to obtain the calibration amount of the level 4 standards for Compound A and Compound B so I can use these data in a custom calculation - I do not want to use a report method for this.

Please could you provide further information on how it might be possible to set up a custom calculation that back calculates this value from a calibration sample data file for that level.

Thanks in advance

ir_nerd

Hello Camelia,

In Custom Calculation you can use the following expression to extract from your calibration sequence the calibration amount of your level 4:

CurrentSequence.AllPeaksAndGroupsByName("Compound A").where(function (c) c.injection.sample.sample_type = 1).where(function (c) c.injection.sample.Sample_CalibrationLevel = 4). Select(function(c) c.Compound_CalibrationAmount). first

Your CC line must have a "Sequence" Scope, Visible and set as a double:

Once you have linked your cc file in the processing method (or embed), reprocess all injections, and you should see the results in the injection results window under "summary":

If so, the results can then be used in reporting taking the custom calculation results from the sequence scope:

Let me know if that works for you, I'll explain a little bit more the expression I gave you.