5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2018 3:23 PM by ryoboyle

Connectivity Issues - Please Advise

jennamilliken

Hello and thank you for reading my question/concern.

We've been running OpenLab for about 1.5 years, and we are liking the remote and versatile abilities of the OpenLab system. Overall, we have about 15 units + 4 Mass Hunter units (running on Scheduler) on the system. I am operating on OpenLab Rev C.01.07 SR4 [505].

Our lab just replaced 3 of our 1100 units to 1220 systems. Since this upgrade, we have had sporadic connectivity issues. For example, if a run is started, the first few injections may inject, and then it appears that connection is lost and the sequence will not proceed. Or, the user might initiate a sequence, but the injection may not make it past the 'pre-run' mode. Alternatively, a sequence can be submitted and run perfectly without any glitches. In the case of a stuck sequence, the user will re-start the same sequence, and the sequence may or may not run through its entirety. This issue is particularly difficult to troubleshoot because the connectivity issues is so sporadic. The connectivity issue can happen on any of the OpenLab instruments (not just the newly installed 1220s).

I'm not sure if this could be a bug in the software or perhaps a network issues. Any advice/help is greatly appreciated!