1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2018 12:21 AM by tobknust

Fraction collector G1364A not detected?

bill##1553

Hi All,

We have an old G1364C (SN: DE43620518) fraction collector that we would like to get up and running with one of our 1100 stacks.  We can't detect it at all in Chemstation.  When turned on the light turns yellow and the instrument appears to start a self check.  The door locks and the needle moves around for a while, and then homes in on a spot and stops, it clicks and then the light turns red.

I suspected the FW might need to be updated.  But when I tried the FW update tool.  The unit doesn't come up.  I simplified the setup for trouble-shooting purposes by turning off all units except the DAD (which has Jet Card) and the G1364C, connected through CAN cable.  And again it doesn't come up on Chemstation or FW update tool.  As a sanity check, I swapped the G1364C for a spare Quatpump we had, and it came up right away in FW update tool.    Any ideas what the problem could be? Or what to try next?  Electrical or MB problem?

Thanks,

Billy

• Re: Fraction collector G1364A not detected?
          tobknust

Hi Billy,

the AFC turning red after initialization is not a good sign, but this should be independent from the communication issue.

One could use two more ways to establish communication, either use a Instant Pilot directly connected to the AFCs CAN port or use a serial cable (RS-232 to RS-232) to connect the module to the PC and use the LabAdvisor or the FW Update tool to connect.

Using the LabAdvisor or the Instant Pilot has the benefit that you could also see the error message of the AFC.

Please let us know if you have been able to connect.

Regards

Tobias